Saturday, March 12, 2011

In My Garden - Block One

My new quilt is all drawn up and ready to make. It is a series of stitcheries with simple stitches and sayings, mostly with a garden theme. I have set myself the task of doing one a week, though this may be a little ambitious - I am determined to get it finished before we move south at the end of May!!! including the quilting GULP!!!

Each block will make up part of the quilt and also will have a project attached.

For my sample I am using Moda Martinique, and am using 40 fat quarters and a jelly roll. Background of the stitchery is cream cotton homespun. I have also used thin pellon behind the stitchery blocks.

BLOCK ONE: (16 inch square)




and as a cushion: (18 x 12 inches)

Keep watching this space for the next block.

Hugs, Raewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment